MARDI GRAS THEME WEDDINGS
Mardi Gras celebrations are colorful and festive – what a prefect theme for celebrating a wedding! Below are some ideas on how to create a Mardi Gras Themed Wedding:
Photo Courtesy of Tamara’s
– Wedding party can wear masks.
– Bride and Groom can carry scepters.
– An ornate cake (such as shown in the above picture)
– Treasure chests filled with gold “dubloons” (foil covered chocolate coins)
– Jester dolls
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
– Mardi Gras beads.
– Small decorated masks.
– Glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets.
– Foil covered chocolate coins wrapped in tulle.
– Have a jazz band!
– Serve spicy, Cajun food, such as jambalaya and boiled shrimp.
– Some couples ask their guests to dress up for a masquerade ball, complete with costumes and masks.
– If you don’t feel comfortable asking the guests to dress for a masquerade ball, consider providing your guests with masks to wear.