DOLPHIN THEME WEDDING
We recently had a question about having a Dolphin wedding theme, and thought we would share the answers with everyone! You can also get other ideas from our Beach/Sea Theme Wedding article.
– Mermaid style dress for bride and bridesmaids
– Have bridesmaids wear shimmery blue or silver dresses
– Pearl or Crystal tiara
– Weave strings of pearl into hair
– Have your cake decorated with soft blues and greens.
– Have a blown glass dolphin cake topper made
– Buy a serving set for your cake with dolphin handles
– Partially fill clear glass vases with coloured sand, pebbles or glass nuggets to hold stems of flowers in place.
– Create simple floral designs around pieces of drift wood and include sea shells, pebbles or dolphins
– Water filled glass bowls with coloured sand or glass nuggets and floating candles on the surface
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
– Sea greens
– Soft blues
– Sand (almost a taupe)
– Consider having candy bar wrappers made with dolphins on them
– Make soap in dolphin shapes; wrap in tulle or small gift box
– Make chocolates in dolphin shapes; wrap in tulle or small gift box
– Buy small votive candles. Place in glass votive holder and place 1 or 2 silver dolphin stickers on it. Wrap in a shimmery tulle and tie with a ribbon.
– Bake cookies in dolphin shakes and write guest’s name in icing (doubles as a place card and a favor)
– Have Bubbles!!
– Use flowers in shades of blues, greens, and creams. Add picks of dolphins.
– Lobster boil buffet
– Seafood buffet (shrimp, crab, lobster, etc.)
– Offer a seafood plated dinner
– Offer a buffet with at least one or two seafood choices
– Crab and lobster stuffed mushroom appetizers
– Shrimp cocktail appetizers
– Plated surf and turf meal.
– Cut blue card stock into dolphins for place cards and use silver pen for writing.
– Name tables after different species of dolphins (Bottlenose, Hourglass, etc.)
– Hang swags of soft blues/soft greens/silver iridescent materials around the walls or pillars.
– See if you local zoo has a party room that you can use for your reception. Many zoos have party rooms right by the dolphin tanks.
– Have guests blow bubbles while you and groom are doing your first dance.
– If you want something dramatic, consider having an ice sculpture of a pair of dolphins
– Use dolphin invitations – insert some silver dolphin-shaped confetti inside.