Butterfly theme weddings are becoming a very popular trend among theme weddings. Though many couples use this theme mainly in the spring and summer, a Butterfly theme could be used during the rest of the year as well.
– Have a butterfly embroidered in white thread (or whatever color your dress is) somewhere on the bodice of your dress
– Wear jewelry with a butterlfy on it
– Wear hairpins with butterflies on the end
– Accent your garter with a butterfly applique
– Add a small applique to your headpiece
– Have your attendants wear butterfly jewelry or hairpins
– Have your baker decorate the cake with white sugar butterflies
– Use a butterfly decorated caketop
– Make your own caketop; buy a plain white gazebo or arch, decorate with silk flowers and glue small butterflies onto it
– Make balloon centerpieces; buy balloons with a butterfly design
– Use fresh flowers and place butterfly picks in with the flowers
– Butterfly shaped cookies placed in small boxes or bags
– Buy butterfly molds from any craft store and make your own butterfly-shaped candy/chocolates
– Butterfly bubbles wrapped in tulle and ribbon
– Decorate plain boxes with small butterflies; fill with whatever you like!
– Give out butterfly shaped cookie cutters
– Seed packets with butterflys on the packaging
– Butterfly magnets
– Candle votives; wrap in tulle and decorate with a small butterfly or two
– Put flowerpicks with butterflies into the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. They can be found any most craft stores.
– Use the song “Butterfly Kisses” as one of your special dances, such as father/daughter, mother/son, etc.
– Add an applique to your ring pillow, or buy a ready made butterfly accented pillow
– Applique’s can also be added to your money bag or purse
– Glue small butterflies to your flowergirl’s basket
– Sprinkle butterfly shaped confetti on the tables
– Have your napkins imprinted with a butterfly
– Buy accessories with butterflies on them, such as ring pillow, flutes, unity candles, etc.