IRISH THEME WEDDINGS
Irish wedding themes have become more and more popular in recent years. Below are some ideas on how to create an Irish Themed Wedding:
Photo Courtesy of Tamara’s
– Wedding gown with irish lace
– A mantilla made of irish lace
– A wedding veil with a Celtic Knot detail
– Flower girl wearing a flower wreath with trailing green and white ribbons
– Carry a hankerchief made of old Irish linen
– A decorated cake (such as shown in the above picture)
– Clover bunches in flowerpots
– Buy or make a black pot and fill with gold foil chocolate coins.
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
– Some shade of green
– Blue (the color is symbolic for good luck for the Irish and was once Ireland’s national color)
– Gold foil covered chocolate coins.
– Small terra cotta pots filled with wildflower seeds (decorate pots with shamrocks and rainbows)
– Dance to an Irish Jig during the reception!
– Exchange Claddagh rings. On the Claddagh, the hands mean friendship, the crown means loyalty, and the heart means love
– Irish tradition calls for the bride to carry a horseshoe down the aisle for good luck. Many Irish store sell small horseshoe pins for this purpose.