MARDI GRAS THEME WEDDINGS
Home :: Planning :: Theme Weddings :: Mardi Gras Theme
Mardi Gras celebrations are colorful and festive - what a prefect theme for celebrating a wedding! Below are some ideas on how to create a Mardi Gras Themed Wedding:
Photo Courtesy of Tamara's
- Wedding party can wear masks.
- Bride and Groom can carry scepters.
- An ornate cake (such as shown in the above picture)
- Treasure chests filled with gold "dubloons" (foil covered chocolate coins)
- Jester dolls
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
- Mardi Gras beads.
- Small decorated masks.
- Glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets.
- Foil covered chocolate coins wrapped in tulle.
- Have a jazz band!
- Serve spicy, Cajun food, such as jambalaya and boiled shrimp.
- Some couples ask their guests to dress up for a masquerade ball, complete with costumes and masks.
- If you don't feel comfortable asking the guests to dress for a masquerade ball, consider providing your guests with masks to wear.
If you are having a wedding theme and need ideas, or want to add to any of these lists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!