DOLPHIN THEME WEDDING
Home :: Planning :: Theme Weddings :: Dolphin Theme Wedding
We recently had a question about having a Dolphin wedding theme, and thought we would share the answers with everyone! You can also get other ideas from our Beach/Sea Theme Wedding article.
- Mermaid style dress for bride and bridesmaids
- Have bridesmaids wear shimmery blue or silver dresses
- Pearl or Crystal tiara
- Weave strings of pearl into hair
- Have your cake decorated with soft blues and greens.
- Have a blown glass dolphin cake topper made
- Buy a serving set for your cake with dolphin handles
- Partially fill clear glass vases with coloured sand, pebbles or glass nuggets to hold stems of flowers in place.
- Create simple floral designs around pieces of drift wood and include sea shells, pebbles or dolphins
- Water filled glass bowls with coloured sand or glass nuggets and floating candles on the surface
Here are some suggestions on wedding colors:
- Sea greens
- Soft blues
- Sand (almost a taupe)
- Consider having candy bar wrappers made with dolphins on them
- Make soap in dolphin shapes; wrap in tulle or small gift box
- Make chocolates in dolphin shapes; wrap in tulle or small gift box
- Buy small votive candles. Place in glass votive holder and place 1 or 2 silver dolphin stickers on it. Wrap in a shimmery tulle and tie with a ribbon.
- Bake cookies in dolphin shakes and write guest’s name in icing (doubles as a place card and a favor)
- Have Bubbles!!
- Use flowers in shades of blues, greens, and creams. Add picks of dolphins.
- Lobster boil buffet
- Seafood buffet (shrimp, crab, lobster, etc.)
- Offer a seafood plated dinner
- Offer a buffet with at least one or two seafood choices
- Crab and lobster stuffed mushroom appetizers
- Shrimp cocktail appetizers
- Plated surf and turf meal.
- Cut blue card stock into dolphins for place cards and use silver pen for writing.
- Name tables after different species of dolphins (Bottlenose, Hourglass, etc.)
- Hang swags of soft blues/soft greens/silver iridescent materials around the walls or pillars.
- See if you local zoo has a party room that you can use for your reception. Many zoos have party rooms right by the dolphin tanks.
- Have guests blow bubbles while you and groom are doing your first dance.
- If you want something dramatic, consider having an ice sculpture of a pair of dolphins
- Use dolphin invitations - insert some silver dolphin-shaped confetti inside.
If you are having a wedding theme and need ideas, or want to add to any of these lists, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!