Saving Tips To Make Your Getaway More Affordable
by Paris Permenter and John Bigley
Home :: Articles :: Saving Tips
Daunted at the prospect of saving for your honeymoon or romantic getaway? Tackle it like any other project--one step at a time. Here are a few saving tips the two of you can put into action:
- Decide how much you can afford to spend on your honeymoon. Divide the cost by the number of months until the big day then try to set aside that amount every month.
- Once you've figured the cost of your accommodations and transportation to the destination, set up a daily budget for your honeymoon.
- Always use credit cards whenever possible in international destinations; credit card companies shop for the best currency exchange rates and can save you money.
- Don't forget hidden costs like airport taxes, tips, taxi rides, and departure taxes, which can be as high as $30 per person.
- Look for 2 for 1 dining coupons and cost-savings booklets at tourism offices.
- Visit a local market and pick up some fixings for a picnic lunch. The experience is memorable, and the meal is easy on the budget.
- Budget your meal money. Consider splurging on one extravagant meal then cutting costs for other meals.
- Consider eating at local establishments away from the tourist scene. Costs are often considerably lower.
- Don't forget to mention to your accommodation that you're on your honeymoon, even if you didn't select the honeymoon plan. Hotels often honor honeymooners with a bottle of wine or a fruit basket.
- Never forget that the best things in life are free--whether that's a walk on the beach or a moonlight kiss.
Husband and wife team Paris Permenter and John Bigley have authored over 20 guidebooks and also edit the FREE Lovetripper.com, a romantic travel magazine featuring worldwide destinations.
Copyright 2000 Paris Permenter and John Bigley.